Duke of Edinburgh index
July 3rd-July 9th (1977)
1. Sunday July 3rd. Be at C. N. School at 11.0 a.m. to leave at 11.30 a.m. All tents etc. should be brought to school on Friday ready to be packed. Try not to bring too much luggage - see equipment list.
2. Saturday July 9th - return to school at approx. 1.0 p.m. You are responsible for getting to and from school.
3. Each person is responsible for ensuring that they have their own equipment - tent, sleeping bag, fire, billcans etc.
4. Take enough money to pay for expedition campsite or youth hostel fees, food on expeditions, postcards etc. Don't take any valuables with you.
5. Expedition details to be given in by Wed. June 29th.
6. Base camp is at Braceland. Address is -
Forest Park Camping Ground
In case of real emergency phone Forestry Commission Camping Crown Offices, Coleford 3057 and ask if they can get a message to us.
7. There are many hazards in the Forest particularly old mines - NEVER attempt to explore them or go anywhere near them - they are very dangerous.
8. Camping regulations require silence between 11.0 p.m. and 7.0 p.m.
9. Swimming in the River Wye is prohibited but we may go into Monmouth swimming pool.
10. Obey the country code at all times and act sensibly.
(a) OUTDOOR CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
Waterproofs. Anorak and overtrousers if possible.
Walking boots. A good quality shoe with a cleated sole.
2 pairs of trousers/jeans
2 sweaters preferably woollen.
4 pairs of thick woollen socks.
4 changes of underclothes.
1 pair of training shoes.
(b) OTHER ITEMS
Knife, fork, spoon.
Plate, bowl, mug.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS ARE CLEARLY MARKED WITH YOUR NAME.
|BREAKFAST||PACKED LUNCH||EVENING MEAL|
|Sun.||Soup, bread, Smash, sausages, peas, fruit pie, custard|
|Mon.||Cornflakes, Scrambled eggs, bread, butter, marmalade.||Chopped ham s.w., cake, fruit||Soup, bread, stewed steak, green beans, Smash, syrup sponge.|
|Tue.||Cornflakes, sausages, beans, b.b.m.||Egg, tomato s.w.||Soup, bread, pilchards salad, Smash, tinned rice, jam|
|Wed.||Cornflakes, spaghetti hoops, fried bread, b.b.m||Cheese, paste s.w.||Soup, bread, ravioli, Smash, Angel Delight, banana.|
|Thur.||Cornflakes, egg, fried bread, b.b.m.||Cheese, lettuce, tomato s.w.||Soup, bread, chicken supreme, sweet corn, rice, tinned fruit, Ideal milk.|
|Fri.||Cornflakes, spaghetti hoops, beans, b.b.m.||Tinned meat s.w.||Soup, bread, meat balls, carrots, peas, Smash, Angel Delight.|